In June 2015, the Offline eBIRForms Package v5.0 was made available to the public/taxpayers fixing certain bugs on submission from the previous versions. And now, a new version, v6.0 is out!
The Electronic BIR Forms (eBIRForms) was developed primarily to provide taxpayers with an alternative mode of preparing and filing tax returns that is easier and more convenient. The use of eBIRForms by taxpayers will improve the BIR’s tax return data capture and storage thereby enhancing efficiency and accuracy in the filing of tax returns. Taxpayers and tax agents can fill up tax returns offline and submit it to the BIR through the Online eBIRForms System.
Update: eBIRForms v6.1 now available in BIR website or Google Drive, click here!
How to Submit Tax Returns?
- Accomplish the form using eBIRForms offline package
- Click the SUBMIT button to allow system to forward to BIR the completed Tax Return form.
- After clicking the SUBMIT button, User must choose which particular electronic BIR site to submit the completed Tax Return forms (eBIRForms or EFPS).
- Select (eBIRForms)
- You will be directed to the Log-in page of the system.
- Enter username and password.
- Click LOG-IN button.
- System will validate form being submitted to the system.
- System will direct you to form screen upon successful validation.
- Click CONTINUE button to go the FRN page.
- System will display FRN page.
Per Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 31-2015, if unsuccessful, click FINAL COPY button to use an alternative mode of electronic submission and an email confirmation will be received by the taxpayer. For those who are not yet enrolled to the eBIRForms System, it is required to fully and unconditionally agree to the Terms of Service Agreement.
Some More Tips
Page Setup for Forms (Internet Explorer):
- Margin — Left: 0.146 inches; Right: 0.148 inches; Top: 0.14 inches; Bottom: 0.14 inches (Note: Or whatever minimum margin allowed by the IE)
- Page Size: Folio or Legal
- Header/Footer: All six (6) boxes should be set to “Empty”.
Page Setup – Annual Income Tax Return (forms 1700, 1701, 1702-RT, 1702-EX and 1702-MX):
- Check the “Print Background Colors and Images” option
- Uncheck the “Enable Shrink-to-fit” option
- Set the Margin settings — Left – 0.166; Right – 0.166; Top – 0.166; Bottom – 0.166
- All Header and Footer measurements must be set to ‘Empty’
- A4 – for all Annual Income Tax Returns (1700, 1701, 1702RT, 1702EX and 1702MX)
- Legal size or Folio size (8.5″ x 13″) – for the rest of the forms
Like this update? Feel free to comment and share it! 😉