Taxpayers are now filing their tax returns in the hope of avoiding the rush where they need to queue in a very long line or file online hopelessly because the EFPS facility can no longer handle the volume of taxpayer simultaneously filing. But aside from that, taxpayers are targeting to file early to avoid last-minute changes in the filing rules that will, again, shake the world of taxpayers.
If you still haven’t filed, we wish to inform you that the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has released Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 35-2016, circulating the availability of the Electroning BIR Forms (eBIRForms) Package version 6.0 and other concerns.
RMC No.35-2016 also has enumerated various web addresses where we can download the eBIRForms installer. The new eBlRForms package has the following modifications:
- One-click submission of Tax Returns; and
- Reduced package size for easier downloading
The steps to accomplish the form is substantially the same as the previous versions. Taxpayers shall follow these steps:
Step 1. Dowload, Install and Run eBlRForms Package Version 6.0;
Step 2. Create a Profile by providing a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (TlN), RDO Code, line of business, registered name, registered address, ZIP Code, telephone number and an active email address;
Step 3. Choose from the List of BIR Forms then click “Fill Up”. Re-enter TIN and e-mail address to confirm that the provided information are correct;
Step 4. Accomplish the selected tax return then click “Validate” button. lf there are changes to make, click “Edit” button. Make sure to click “Validate” button after every change made;
Step 5. Click “Submit/Final Copy” button:
5.1 lf taxpayer is enrolled and activated in Electronic Filing and Payment System (eFPS), he/she/it will be redirected to eFFS Login Page and shall enter his/her/its Username and Password then follow steps in eFPS; or
5.2 If taxpayer is an eBlRForms user, he/she/it shall be required to fully and unconditionally agree to the Terms of Service Agreement (TOSA) by clicking “Agree”. Taxpayers will then receive a system-generated confirmation e-mail.
For eFPS Taxpapers
- Annual Income Tax Returns (lTR) (i.e., l700, I 701 , 1702-RT, 1702-EX and l702-MX) and Excise Tax Returns (i.e., 2200-A and 2200-T) shall prepare the tax returns using the offline package and submit to eFPS by clicking the SUBMIT/FINAL COPY button.
- Other returns (i.e., 1601-C, l60l-E, 2550M, 2550Q, 2551M, etc.) shall use the online eFPS.
- Payment shall be made online thru the eFPS facility by clicking proceed to payment button.
For Non-eFPS Taxpapers
- Prepare the tax returns using the offline package and submit by clicking the SUBMIT/FINAL COPY button.
- Print the tax return (see page set-up below)
- Pay the tax due through authorized Agent Banks (AABs), Revenue Collection Officers (RCOs), or GCash.
Schedules and Manual Attachments
The accompanying schedules and manual attachments (i.e. Financial Statements, Statement of Management Responsibility (SMR), scanned BIR Form Nos. 2307/2316 in DVD-R with sworn declaration per Revenue Regulations (RR) No. 2-2015, etc.) shall be manually filed within fifteen (15) days after the electronic filing of the return to the concerned LT Office/RDO where they are registered. Together with the said schedules and attachments, taxpayers shall also submit the duly signed printed efiled return and printed system-generated confirmation receipt. The Summary Alphalist of Withholding Tax (SAWT) shall be emailed to email@example.com.
Page Setup for Forms (Internet Explorer):
- Margin — Left: 0.146 inches; Right: 0.148 inches; Top: 0.14 inches; Bottom: 0.14 inches (Note: Or whatever minimum margin allowed by the IE)
- Page Size: Folio or Legal
- Header/Footer: All six (6) boxes should be set to “Empty”.
Page Setup – Annual Income Tax Return (forms 1700, 1701, 1702-RT, 1702-EX and 1702-MX):
- Check the “Print Background Colors and Images” option
- Uncheck the “Enable Shrink-to-fit” option
- Set the Margin settings — Left – 0.166; Right – 0.166; Top – 0.166; Bottom – 0.166
- All Header and Footer measurements must be set to ‘Empty’
- A4 – for all Annual Income Tax Returns (1700, 1701, 1702RT, 1702EX and 1702MX)
- Legal size or Folio size (8.5″ x 13″) – for the rest of the forms
Penalties provided in RR 5-2015 shall be imposed on taxpayers who fail to file and/or pay taxes using the mandated/prescribed mode/venue under existing revenue issuances.
Like this update? Feel free to comment and share it! 😉
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this article are that of the author and information provided are for general conceptual guidance for public information and are not substitute for expert advice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and if you want to avail professional services. Find us on Facebook!