The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has posted in its website SEC Memorandum Circular No. 1, Series of 2016 dated January 11, 2016 setting forth the schedule of filing of the audited financial statements (AFS) and general information sheet (GIS) of companies with fiscal year ends on December 31, 2015.
|Filing Date||Last Digit of SEC Registration/License|
|April 18, 19, 20, 21, 22||“1” , “2”|
|April 25, 26, 27, 28, 29||“3” , “4”|
|May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6||“5” , “6”|
|May 10, 11, 12, 13||“7” , “8”|
|May 16, 17, 18, 19, 20||“9” , “0”|
The schedule was issued to maintain organized and orderly filing of annual financial statements. All corporations may file their AFS regardless of their last numerical digit of their registration or license number prior to April 18, 2016. On the other hand, late filing shall be accepted starting May 23, 2016, subject to prescribed penalties.
All SEC Satellite Offices and Extension Offices in Cebu, Iloilo, Baguio, and Davao shall be governed also by the above coding schedule in 2016.
All corporations may directly file their reports in SEC Head Office and/or Satellite Offices (Ali Mall-Cubao Quezon City, SM Manila, SM North EDSA, Robinson’s Galleria) applying the SEC-issued umber coding schedule.
All filers regardless of the number of reports to be filed at SEC following the circularized SEC-issued number coding schedule may choose to avail of courier filing options and select any courier of their choice.
- SEC Express Nationwide Submission (SENS), following the procedures in circular (download below).
- Any Courier/Regular Mail with no return copy reports submitted, following the procedures in circular (download below).
Other Matters to Remember
It is worth noting the the schedule above is not applicable to the following:
- Corporations with fiscal year end other than December 31, 2015 (file AFS 120 days from the end of fiscal year)
- Listed entities with the PSE
- AFS audited by COA
Also, SEC Memorandum Circular No. 1, Series of 2016 reminds the AFS filers that SEC will not accept AFS, other than consolidated financial statements, unless stamped “Received” by the Bureau of Internal Revenue or Authorized Agent Banks unless the BIR allows an alternative proof of submission for its authorized banks (e.g. bank slips);
The basic components as prescribed under SRC Rule 68, as amended, shall be submitted by filers.
General Information Sheet (GIS)
All corporations shall file their GIS within 30 calendar days from:
- Stock Corporations – date of annual stockholders’ meeting per by-laws.
- Non-Stock Corporations – date of annual members’ meeting per by-laws.
- Foreign Corporations – anniversary date of the issuance of the SEC License.
Click here to download SEC Memorandum Circular No. 1 Series of 2016.
Let us know what you think! Comment and share. 🙂