The October 2014 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination has concluded yesterday and we are now down to the most awaited part of it – the results. There are at least 11,338 examinees who took the CPA Board Exam. The exam has been conducted in major cities around the Philippines including Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Lucena and Tacloban last October 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2014 and finally, the results are out.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces that 4,123 out of 11,137 passed the Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination given by the Board of Accountancy in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi and Lucena this October 2014.
The results were released in three (3) working days after the last day of examination.
The Board of Accountancy is composed of Joel L. Tan-Torres, Chairman; Betty C. Siy-Yap, Vice Chairman; Eliseo A. Aurellado and Gerard B. Sanvictores, Members.
Registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) and Certificate of Registration will be on October 27, 28, 29 & 30, 2014. Those who will register are required to bring the following: duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal, current Community Tax Certificate (cedula), 1 piece passport size picture (colored with white background and complete nametag), 2 sets of metered documentary stamps and 1 short brown envelope with name and profession and to pay the Initial Registration Fee of P600 and Annual Registration Fee of P450 for 2014-2017. Successful examinees should personally register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals.
The date and venue for the oathtaking ceremony of the new successful examinees in the said examination WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER.
Download Links for Official Results
- Full text of the Official Result of October 2014 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination
- Performance of schools in the October 2014 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination
- List of successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest places
- List of successful examinees in the October 2014 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination
Free E-mail Address for New CPAs
We offer new e-mail addresses for CPAs and accountants for distinction. Our free e-mail (@PhCPA.Org) is available for all accountants, provided that your desired username is not yet taken. This new e-mail is undoubtedly more professional looking than public domains like yahoo, outlook or gmail as it it customized to accountants. Among others, this e-mail is:
- Free, short and professional (you can chose as short as your initials ‘[user]@phcpa.org’ but it can be as long as your full name if you want)
- With calendar, task, and contacts features.
- Web and mobile accessible (with configuration support)
- 500MB mailbox limit
- Upgradable storage to 2GB, 5GB and 10GB with minimal fee required by hosting provider
- Upgradable e-mail to Google Apps for business – this feature upgrades your account to use all google services using your @PhCPA.Org e-mail (mail, gtalk, drive, google docs, google sheets, google forms and all products in the google apps suites) for $50 a year
The last 2 features are completely at your option and we never make money for that, just plainly pleasure of serving you.
You can learn more about this free e-mail offering by reading our article on ‘Free @PhCPA.Org e-mail – best, shortest username up for grab!‘.
Exam Result Rating Verification
Do you know that you can now verify your rating for those recent board exam results? Click this link, follow the instructions below.
- Go to http://www.prc.gov.ph/services/?id=41
- Select “Exam name”. For CPA, select “CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT”
- Select “Exam date”
- Enter your “Application no.”
- Enter your “First name”
- Enter your “Last name”
- Enter your “Birthdate” in this format “mm/dd/yy”
Just ensure that the information you provided are exactly the same as those you provided when you applied for the examination.
Landing Jobs for CPA Board Passers
Passing the CPA Board Examination alone is already an edge over other candidates in an accounting job. However, if a candidate does not have a previous work experience (often called fresh graduate), even a CPA board passer cannot be expected to have a high position or high salary. You need an experience for you to make a “demand”. Probably, even before you graduated, you already have an idea on what job to land after passing the board exam. To help you decide we’ll give you a discussion that may be helpful to you.
Read our article on ‘Landing Jobs for New CPA Board Exam Passers‘ to learn how to make a headstart in your career as a CPA.
Again, Congratulations for those who made it and welcome to the profession! For those who were not able to make it, there is always next time but prepare for it as if it’s the last.
Let us know what you think! Post, share and comment! 🙂